This tuxedo consists of four pieces that include a coat, a vest, a silk bow tie, and trousers. The coat is made of black wool and has a flap pocket on either side of the waist. It has a welt pocket on the proper left breast and notched lapels faced with silk. There are two buttons on each sleeve cuff and an interior tag with the name R. P. Campbell written on it. The formal vest is made of black silk and has a shawl lapel. It also has four welt pockets on the front and an interior label from the Mandel Brothers. The black trousers are made of wool and have belt loops at the waist.
Mandel Brothers Mandel Brothers was established in 1855 in Chicago by Solomon Mandel and Simon Klein. The original store was located on Clark Street. In 1865, Solomon's brothers joined the business and it became Mandel Brothers. They purchased their merchandise in New York and Paris and sold in Chicago. By the 1880s, they opened a new store on the corner of State and Madison. By the beginning of the 20th century, they had over 3,000 employees. The business flourished until it folded in the 1970s. Mandel Brothers was one of Chicago's leading department stores of its time.