Square blue and white Delftware plate, depicting a boat and harbor scene. A small crest is located in the upper right region, and a floral pattern decorates the border.;This is a well-painted, genuine Delft plate. The crest in the upper right is probably that of a family. Identified by Joel Lefever, Curator, Holland Historical Trust, Holland, MI; tel: 616.394.1362;Maker's Mark
1725 – 1775
Painted, Glazed, Ceramic
8.25" h 8.25" w
Current Location Status:
Gift Of Estate Of Dr. Ruth Herrick
Estate of Ruth Herrick
Alternate names: Ruth HerrickBorn on July 6, 1895 in Ohio, Ruth Herrick became known as one of the first women physicians in Michigan. She studied at the University of Chicago Medical College and at Blodgett Memorial Hospital. Afterwards she began her practice in 1931 in Grand Rapids. She was an avid collector and took a strong interest in archaeology, having lectured at the Greenfield Village Museum and wrote and published a book entitled "Greentown glass: the Indiana Tumbler and Goblet Company and allied manufacturers (1959)". In 1961 she cooperated with the Kent County Medical Society in compiling a historic medical collection. She retired in 1973 and later passed away after an automobile accident on June 7, 1974, with many of her assets bequeathed to the Public Museum.